Reduce CO2 emissions with BT Conferencing
With the global warming threat and government pressure to reduce carbon dioxide emissions by 20% by 2010, it is vital your organisation becomes a low carbon business.
Use BT Conferencing to reduce CO2 from being emitted into the environment and operate more efficiently and cost-effectively at the same time.
Simply use conferencing instead of travelling to meetings - BT Conferencing offers environmentally friendly meetings to suit your needs whether you require an instant call or a booked event call.
Each meeting held using BT Conferencing instead of travelling to meetings could save CO2 from being emitted into the environment, which can accumulate over the year.
In 2005, BT itself prevented up to 54,117 tonnes of CO2 being pumped into the atmosphere by using conferencing. Each avoided face-to-face meeting also saved a minimum of £431 adding up to £146m over the year*.
- Avoid high travel costs - by replacing face-to-face meetings with conferencing, reducing the overall business costs.
- Save time - less travel saves time which allows you to use time saved more efficiently.
- Increase productivity - by working more efficiently leading to increased revenue.
- Avoid negative publicity - prevent bad publicity by being socially responsible, don't be shamed by pressure groups.
- Gain competitive advantage - differentiate from your competitors by being socially responsible.
*SustainIT and The University of Bradford research 2006
Back to top